What are the symptoms of Unknown Primary Head and Neck Cancer?
Unknown Primary Head and Neck Cancer symptoms vary and often seem similar to symptoms of other chronic diseases. If you have any symptoms, especially those that last longer than two weeks, it is important to see your doctor.
Symptoms of Unknown Primary Head and Neck Cancer include:
- A lump in the neck or throat
- A pain in the neck or throat
How is Unknown Primary Head and Neck Cancer diagnosed?
At Miami Cancer Institute, our internationally recognized experts work together across many medical disciplines (known as a multidisciplinary approach) to provide you with the most advanced screenings and comprehensive diagnostics available today – all under one roof and all conveniently located in South Florida.
Our expert multidisciplinary team begins by determining your complete family history and providing you with a thorough physical examination. This may include blood tests, state-of-the-art advanced imaging and laboratory tests, all with a compassionate, patient-centered focus.
When you’re diagnosed with an Unknown Primary Head and Neck Cancer at Miami Cancer Institute, our expert healthcare team uses a variety of personalized tests, depending on what’s right for you. This can include:
- Biopsy to examine tumor tissues and determine the specific kind of cancer present
- Imaging studies that may include X-rays, ultrasound, CT (Computed Tomography), MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) or PET (Photo Emission Tomography)
- Endoscopy which enables the specialists to view organs and tissues inside the body using a thin, lighted tube
- Viral testing for Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) and Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
Miami Cancer Institute, part of Baptist Health South Florida, is pleased to share that our Blood & Marrow Stem Cell Transplant Program is fully FACT Accredited for stem cell transplants and cellular therapies. This accreditation provides our program national recognition of a certified program to perform stem cell transplants and cellular therapies such as CAR T-cell therapies within our Institute. Additionally, this recognition allows our team to obtain full insurance coverage for these procedures from all providers. For more information on FACT Accreditation, feel free to visit the following link.