Preparation for your first treatment will depend on the type of treatment you are receiving. Ask your doctor or nurse how to prepare for your visit. You also will learn about possible side effects and ways to manage them.
Your First TreatmentGeneral guidelines to follow before a chemotherapy session may include:
- Get plenty of rest.
- Eat a light meal prior to your treatment.
- Have a friend or family member to drive you and keep you company.
- Bring drinks or light snacks.
- Take prescription medications as usual, unless instructed otherwise.
- Take prescribed pre-treatment medications, such as steroids or anti-nausea drugs.
Miami Cancer Institute’s various services and amenities will make the time you spend with us more comfortable and convenient. A member of our caring team will be available throughout your treatment to answer your questions and attend to your needs.