Which integrative medicine services do you offer?
Integrative medicine, or lifestyle medicine, includes behavioral health interventions, as well as holistic mind-body therapies. These techniques may be offered in one-on-one sessions or as part of group classes.
Integrative medicine services at Miami Cancer Institute include:
- Acupuncture – This treatment can help reduce side effects of chemotherapy, surgery or radiation. *Fee for service
- Mindful movement group classes – These classes help minimize anxiety, reduce pain and improve healing. Our free mindful movement classes include yoga and tai chi.
- Group exercise classes – Exercise classes can reduce pain, calm the mind and help improve movement. Our free group exercise classes include ballet, mat Pilates, chair Pilates, and stretching and relaxation.
- Oncology nutrition– Our nutrition experts can work with you and your caregiver to find a diet that helps you feel better and stay healthy.
- Oncology massage – Massages can help relieve anxiety, pain, stiffness and muscle tension, while also helping to improve your sleep.*Fee for service
Nutrition & Exercise
Brain Fitness Lab
The goal of the Brain Fitness Lab at Miami Cancer Institute is to restore and prevent chemotherapy-induced cognitive impairment in cancer patients. Cognitive remediation training has a demonstrated benefit in restoring cognitive function in cancer survivors. The Cancer Patient Support Center developed the Brain Fitness Lab to provide customized cognitive remediation training with computerized brain-training protocols and neuropsychological interventions to restore and enhance cancer survivors’ cognitive and functional outcomes.
Receive Our Monthly E-Newsletter
Hear about the latest updates from our dedicated patient support team, learn about our services and sign up for the latest events.