Makes 7 servings (or 7 cups)
- 1 tablespoon ginger root – grated
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Zest of ½ a lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon olive canola oil blend
- 1 whole green bell pepper – seeded and diced small
- 1 mango – seeded, skinned, and diced small
- 1 cup of small diced seedless cucumber
- 2 cups semi ripe pineapple – skinned and small diced
- ½ small red onion – minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups low sodium canned black beans – rinsed
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 stems of mint with leaves – rinsed and chopped
- 8 cilantro stems with leaves – rinsed and chopped
- 1 semi-ripe Haas avocado – skinned, seeded, and medium diced
- In a mixing bowl add all ingredients except for the avocado. Mix ingredients well with a spoon or plastic kitchen spatula. Once all the ingredients have been mixed well, add the medium diced avocado and fold into the mixture.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes and serve over protein of choice.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
QUINOA is considered a complete protein because it contains all 9 of the essential amino acids needed to build and repair our cells, tissues, bones, skin and muscles.
Bonus: This grain is also free of saturated fat and cholesterol that is found in animal proteins!
AVOCADOS are high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
Bonus: They also keep you feeling fuller, longer and is cholesterol free
Serv. Size: 1 cup | Amount Per Serving: Calories 228 | Total Fat 7g | Sat. Fat 1g |Trans Fat 0g | Cholest. 0mg |Sodium 342mg | Total Carb. 38g | Fiber 9g | Sugars 14g | Protein 7g | Calcium 45mg | Iron 2mg