Butternut Squash Hash
- 32 oz. Butternut Squash
- 4 oz. Diced Carrot
- 6 oz. Diced Shallots
- 1 Apple Fuji - Diced
- 1 tablespoon Green Onion sliced thin on a bias
- 2 oz. Bacon (2 slices) - chopped
- 1 oz. Honey
- 1 oz. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Garlic
- ½ Tbsp Chili Paste
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a fry pan add bacon and butternut squash, cook at medium heat. Let the fat render and caramelize the butternut squash. Cook for 15 minutes stirring every so often, keeping the bacon and squash brown.
- Add shallots and carrots. Let cook for 10 minutes, add chopped garlic, diced apple, and chili paste. Let cook for 2 minutes and stir. Deglaze pan with honey and rice wine vinegar.
- Add sesame seeds and green onion. Stir, serve and enjoy!!
Serv. Size: 1.5 cups | Servings: 6 cups | Amount Per Serving: Calories 306 | Total Fat 6.6g | Sat. Fat 2.1g |Trans Fat 0g | Cholest. 9.6mg |Sodium 195mg | Total Carb. 61.2g | Fiber 10.6g | Sugars 17.8g | Protein 6g
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.