Ingredients for 2 servingsFor the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 2 whole passion fruits – remove fruit pulp with seeds, discard shells
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Small pinch ground ginger
- Small pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 medium shrimp– cleaned and deveined
- 1 teaspoon achiote (annatto paste)
- 1/ teaspoon canola olive oil blend
- Small pinch ground black pepper
- Hot grill, griddle, or cast iron pan
- ¼ cup cooked golden beet - skinned & cut into medium diced pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted almond slivers
- ¼ cup semi ripe mango - skinned and seeded, cut into medium diced pieces
- ¼ of a whole dragon fruit - skinned and cut into medium diced pieces
- 1 small red radish – washed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooked red quinoa
- 4 mints leaves – rinsed and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon orange zest
- ½ cup clean baby spinach leaves
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl place all of the items listed in the dressing section of the ingredients section. With a whisk mix well all the ingredients in the bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl mix well the achiote paste, ground black pepper, and oil blend. Then add the shrimp and toss well all the shrimp is well coated. Set aside.
- In another bowl place all of the ingredients listed for the dragon fruit power salad except for the baby spinach. With a plastic spatula or spoon fold all the ingredients together. Set aside.
- Proceed to cook the shrimp on a hot and greased clean grill, griddle, or cast iron pan. Cook shrimp about 2 minutes on each side. (Once cooked shrimp should be white in the center.) Remove shrimp from grill and set aside.
- On two plates place the baby spinach on the center of each plate. On top of the baby spinach place half of the dragon fruit power salad. Arrange the cooked shrimp around the power salad or on top of it. Using a spoon pour half of the of the passion fruit dressing over the shrimp and the power salad on each plate. Serve and enjoy!!
Calories per serving 236 | Fat 11.7g | Cholesterol 245mg | Sodium 844mg | Protein 15.9g | Potassium 315mg | Carbs 18g
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.