Yield: 18 oz (2 1/4 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon whole flax seeds
- 8 oz almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup frozen mango (no sugar added)
- 1/2 inch ginger, washed
- 1/2 inch turmeric, washed
- 1/2 orange, peeled
- 1 scoop of vanilla plant based protein powder
- 2 oz fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Ice if desired
Blend until smooth and enjoy!
Nutritional Facts:Serv Size: (8oz= 1cup) | Calories: 155 cal | Protein: 21g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin C: 43 mg | Calcium: 188 mg
Did You Know?
1. Turmeric has a powerful ingredient called curcumin, it is native to India. In the West is commonly used as a dried powder. Some research shows that Curcumin might have an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant effect. Human trials are ongoing to prove its effect as a chemoprevention tool.
2. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and also improves Iron absorption.
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.Download calendar