Serves: 4 (1 cup)
- 4 Quarts of water
- 2 Large chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 Pound of okra
- 1-2 cups cooked orzo or fine pasta
- Wash the okra and cut the two ends off. For stronger, more gelatinous soup, slice the okra into smaller pieces.
- Add chopped okra to pot; add 4 quarts of water and chicken or vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil. Simmer for one hour.
- After boiling, remove all okra to avoid small seeds.
- Add orzo or any fine pasta.
Nutritional Facts:Serv Size: 1cup | Calories: 67-95 cal | Protein: 3.5-5g | Fat: 0.5g | Carbohydrates: 17-25g | Sodium: 483mg
Did You Know?
Okra is appealing for its tender fruit and leaves. It is high in soluble fiber, vitamin C, and folate. Okra is a source of antioxidants as well as a good source of calcium and potassium.
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.