(Servings: 12 servings)
- 6 lbs. Sliced Portobello’s
- 1 ounce cilantro - rinsed and patted dry, then chopped
- 1.5 ounces minced jalapeno peppers - seeded
- 12 ounces avocado - 2 slices per serving
- 24 6” flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon organic seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 lb. Red Bell Pepper – Seeded and Julienned
- 1/2 lb. Yellow Bell Pepper – Seeded and Julienned
- 1 lb. yellow onion – julienned
- 1/4 cup olive canola oil blend 90/10
- 3lb Corn & Black Bean Mix (usf # 9747817) (4oz each serving)
- On a flat top or tilt skillet heat the oil blend and sauté sliced Portobello’s, onions, and bell pepper mix. When the Portobello’s begin releasing their moister add the chopped garlic, organic seasoning, chili powder, oregano, and cumin. Let cook for another 2 minutes. Place the Portobello mixture into a hotel pan and sprinkle chopped cilantro over. Keep Warm.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté the corn and bean mixture just to warm it through. Set aside and keep warm. Serve as a side item.
- With two flour tortillas serve the 4 ounces of Portobello mixture, 4 ounces of corn & bean mix, 1/4 of an avocado (sliced), and 1 cup of baby spinach mix (1oz).
Nutritional FactsPer Serving: Calories: 214 | Total Fat: 7.7g | Sodium: 97mg | Total Carbohydrate: 33.2g | Protein: 5.5g
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.