(Servings: 4 servings)
* to begin this recipe please wash all vegetables thoroughly under cold running water, then pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup red onion – peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded chayote – with skin on
- 1/4 of a green apple – seeded and shredded
- 3 radishes – shredded with skin on
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger root 3 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon Sambal Oelek chili paste
- 1 bok choy leaf – thinly sliced
- 8 cilantro stems with leaves – chopped
- Prep all ingredients as listed in the ingredients section of this recipe.
- In a mixing bowl add the carrots, red onion, chayote, green apple, radishes, orange zest, rice wine vinegar, and kosher salt. Mix well using a spoon or clean hands. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small cup mix together the yogurt, ginger, and chili paste. Proceed to adding this mixture to the shredded vegetable mixture as well as the chopped cilantro and the bok choy. Mix well. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.
Nutritional FactsPer Serving: Calories: 38 | Total Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 164mg | Total Carbohydrate: 5.5g | Protein: 1.2g | Potassium: 94mg
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.Download calendar