Makes: 7 Servings
- 1 tablespoon ginger root – grated
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1/2 a lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon olive canola oil blend
- 1 whole green bell pepper – seeded and diced small
- 1 mango – seeded, skinned, and diced small
- 1 cup of small diced seedless cucumber
- 2 cups semi ripe pineapple – skinned and small diced
- 1/2 small red onion – minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups low sodium canned black beans – rinsed
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 stems of mint with leaves – rinsed and chopped
- 8 cilantro stems with leaves – rinsed and chopped
- 1 semi ripe haas avocado – skinned, seeded, and medium diced
- 3 ½ cups cleaned baby spinach
- 7 – 4 ounce cooked chicken breast – pan seared
In a mixing bowl add all ingredients except for the avocado. Mix ingredients well with a spoon or plastic kitchen spatula. Once all the ingredients have been mixed well, add the medium diced avocado and fold into the mixture.
Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes and serve over protein of choice.
Slice each chicken breast on a bias.
Place half a cup of baby spinach on each plate, on top of the spinach place 1 cup of the quinoa tropical salad, and then place the chicken breast on top of the quinoa tropical salad. Enjoy.
Nutritional Facts:Cal: 430 | Total fat: 12.3g | Chol: 73mg | Sodium: 480mg | Potassium: 990mg | Carb: 47.9g | Protein: 33.6g
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.