- 14 oz cubed extra firm tofu and patted dry with paper towel
- 2 tbp chili paste Sambal Olek
- ½ oz mirin
- 1oz honey
- 1oz rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup button mushrooms - quartered
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped snow peas
- tbsp chopped garlic
- 4oz scrambled egg whites (the white of two eggs)
- 1/8 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp grated ginger root
- Heat a large fry pan with oil. Once oil is hot add tofu and sauté with Sambal Olek chili patse. Keep on high flame, pan fry until light brown.
- Add vegetables, mirin, and honey. Keep on high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic, quinoa, and brown rice. Sauté for 3 minutes, and then add scrambled egg white. Stir with spoon. Add soy sauce, and stir quickly to evenly coat rice.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, green onions, and red pepper flakes. Serve and enjoy!!
Serv. Size: 2 cups | Servings: 4 | Amount Per Serving: Calories 307.1 | Total Fat 4.5g | Saturated Fat 0.1g | Sodium 461mg | Total Carb. 47.9g Protein 19.8g | Fiber 4.4g | Sugars 13.4g
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.