Professional trained social workers at Miami Cancer Institute at Baptist Health south Florida lead numerous cancer support groups in English and Spanish. Our support groups provide a safe environment where you and your family members can share your concerns and ideas about cancer with others. They focus on a variety of topics, including emotional support, specific diseases, treatments, and common challenges.
Find a support group for you
You can find times and locations for all available support groups on our community program calendar. To download the latest program calendar, please visit the Community Programs & Events webpage.
Support groups for pediatric patients at Miami Cancer Institute are provided by the Pediatric Support Center.
Support groups can:
- Help you feel better, more hopeful, and not so alone
- Give you a chance to talk about your feelings and work through them
- Help you with ideas on how to deal with practical problems, such as problems at work or school
- Help you with ideas on how to cope with side effects of treatment
Miami Cancer Institute offers the following support groups:
- Caregiver Support
- Caring Souls: A group for parents who have lost a child to cancer
- Hematology & Blood Disorders Support Group
- Life Interrupted. Let’s Talk About Navigating the Big C: An Adolescent and Young Adult Survivorship Group
- Metastatic Support Group
- Neuro Oncology Caregiver Support Group
- Patient Support Group
- Young Women’s Breast Cancer Support
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.Download calendar
Brain Fitness Lab
The goal of the Brain Fitness Lab at Miami Cancer Institute is to restore and prevent chemotherapy-induced cognitive impairment in cancer patients. Cognitive remediation training has a demonstrated benefit in restoring cognitive function in cancer survivors. The Cancer Patient Support Center developed the Brain Fitness Lab to provide customized cognitive remediation training with computerized brain-training protocols and neuropsychological interventions to restore and enhance cancer survivors’ cognitive and functional outcomes.
Receive Our Monthly E-Newsletter
Hear about the latest updates from our dedicated patient support team, learn about our services and sign up for the latest events.